Your essential financial checklist:
In a world where our brains are often overloaded with information, it helps to get back to the basics. So we established a checklist of the top 10 essential financial priorities you can start today. Simple, straightforward, and easy to understand:
- Track your spending. Review your daily, weekly, and monthly spending to understand where your money goes. This is the best way to live within your means.
- Manage your income. Whether you have ==one or multiple income streams==, evaluate your earnings. Know exactly how much you are currently earning and then decide what you can do to increase those earnings (a second job, asking for a raise?).
- Minimize bad debt. Understand exactly where you stand when it comes to debt. ==Make a payoff plan== to get rid of high-interest debt on a timeline that fits your lifestyle.
- Establish a budget. Stick to your monthly budget by inputting it into a ==budgeting template==. Hold yourself accountable.
- Build emergency savings. Having an ==emergency savings== of a few months is a necessity. Once your budget is established, decide on an amount you are able to set aside monthly.
- Monitor your credit health. ==Review your credit report== to make sure you know exactly what is being reported under your name. Stay up to date with any changes to your report and find ways to boost your score with free credit monitoring from MoneyLion.
- Invest, even in small amounts. The more you set aside into an investment account, the more money you could earn over time due to ==compound interest==. The sooner you start, the better.
- Have a support network. ==Talking about finances== can seem daunting and often taboo. However, it’s beneficial to your mental and financial health to have a community of individuals you can ask questions when you need to.
- Implement financial checkups. Just like you have regular checkups with a doctor for your personal health, it’s important to do the same for your financial health. We recommend doing a ==financial checkup== at least every six months, where you run through this checklist and make sure you’re on track.
- Continue to educate yourself. Align yourself with ==financial influencers and blogs== that you relate most to, and continue to educate yourself on a variety of financial topics. Stay up to date with the latest financial news, and be in the know. We send weekly market updates to MoneyLion Plus members so they know exactly what’s happening in the stock market.
At MoneyLion, we’re dedicated to helping you build positive, sustainable financial habits. With the free ==MoneyLion app==, we offer you daily financial tips, credit monitoring, and additional points and rewards for doing things like paying your bills on time. Join today, and make staying on track of your finances easy.