- Quickly and easily earn 1,460 points in the first month after you sign up for a free account at MoneyLion.
- Redeem a $25 gift card at Starbucks, Target, Amazon, and hundreds of other retailers starting at just 2,500 points.
- You can earn more points by demonstrating good financial actions.
At MoneyLion we want to help you achieve financial wellness. This means helping you get a personal loan when you need it, and also providing other tools and services to help you better manage your financial life. These tools include free credit monitoring, a free mobile app to track your finances, and resources on how to save money and manage your credit.
But did you know that you can also earn $25 gift cards to retailers like Starbucks, Target, and Amazon when you demonstrate good financial actions?
Earn valuable rewards for managing your money responsibly
We want you to do well financially; helping our customers achieve financial wellness is part of our company’s mission. And from a selfish standpoint, when you do well, we do well too because that means less late payments and defaults if you happen to also be a MoneyLion personal loan customer.
The idea behind our Rewards program is to reward you every time you demonstrate good financial actions, actions that get you closer to understanding and then proactively managing your money.
We view responsible financial management as fitting within five unique categories of actions.
(To see the full list of points-earning actions scroll to the end of the post.)
To start off, Connect with MoneyLion so that we can confirm who you are, both to ensure there’s no fraud occurring – for example, has someone taken your information to apply for a personal loan using your information? – as well as create a stronger MoneyLion community.
The second category is Borrowing Habits. For customers who have a personal loan with us you can earn points by making your loan payments and paying off your loan on time. We don’t want you to fall behind on payments, which ultimately can impact your credit worthiness if you want to get a credit card, auto loan, or buy a home in the future.
Then we want you to establish good Financial Habits, the first step of which is to know how much income, expense, and savings you have. Connect your bank, credit card, and other accounts so we can aggregate all of your information into an easy-to-view summary on the mobile app. We’ll also provide personalized tips on how to save money, alerts about spending patterns and fees, and more.
Because getting any loan depends on having a good credit score, Credit Habits is our fourth category. Sign up for free credit monitoring to get your credit score and see tips on how you can better improve your credit. You’ll also earn points every month you pay your bills on time, raise your credit score, and more.
Finally, we want you to be active and contribute to the MoneyLion community. Help Your Community by providing Endorsements to other members and you can earn 100 points, and they get can get a discount on a future loan. Write a review about credit cards you’ve used so other members know what cards are good or bad.
How to earn 2,250 points after signing up at MoneyLion
Here’s a quick cheat sheet on how you can earn 2,250 or more points in the first month after you sign up for a free account.
|Points-Earning Action||Points Earned|
|Upload a profile picture||+100|
|Verify your mobile number||+50|
|Link your Gmail contacts to request endorsements||+500|
|Download and log in to the mobile app for the first time||+100|
|Connect your bank accounts using the mobile app||+500|
|Enroll in Free Credit Monitoring||+10|
|Write your first credit card product review||+100|
|Don't make a late payment using Free Credit Monitoring (after first month)||+50|
|Keep your credit utilization below 10% each month using Free Credit Monitoring (after first month)||+50|
If you’re a personal loan customer, you can get one step closer, after the first month with these 2 extra points-earning actions:
|Points-Earning Action||Points Earned|
|Your first loan||+100|
|Make an on-time payment||+200|
As you can see, it’s easy to earn your first $25 gift card!
Full list of points-earning actions
To make sure you see the latest list, log into your MoneyLion account and navigate to the Rewards page and view the "Earn Points" section.
Connecting with MoneyLion
- Verify your mobile number
- Upload a profile picture
- Download and log in to the mobile app for the first time
- Connect your Facebook account as part of the loan application process
- Connect your LinkedIn account as part of the loan application process
- Connect your Twitter account as part of the loan application process
- Link your Gmail contacts to request endorsements
- Participate in a survey
Good Borrowing Habits
- Get your first loan with MoneyLion
- Get a second loan with MoneyLion
- Make an on-time loan payment
- Pay off your loan (excludes early repayment)
- Download and log in to mobile app (first time) – Coming Soon!
Good Financial Habits
- Connect your bank accounts
- No insufficient balance fees in a month – Coming Soon!
- Increase your savings account balance by 5% from the month before – Coming Soon!
- View your net worth on the mobile app 2 months after sign up – Coming Soon!
- View your net worth on the mobile app 3 months after sign up – Coming Soon!
- Connect a credit card on the mobile app – Coming Soon!
- Connect a brokerage account on the mobile app – Coming Soon!
Good Credit Habits
- Keep your credit utilization below 10% each month using Free Credit Monitoring
- Don't make a late payment using Free Credit Monitoring (monthly)
- 3 months after you sign up for Free Credit Monitoring
- Each time your credit score increases by 20 points using Free Credit Monitoring (monthly)
- Enroll in Free Credit Monitoring
Help Your Community
- Give an Endorsement
- Write your first product review
- Earn points when you get 10 upvotes for your credit card reviews